Total Pageviews

Monday 28 February 2011

Flowers



I am a huge fan of the flower embellishment. I have purchased tons of them for my scrapbook projects. The funny thing is...once I learned how to make different types of flowers my self, I quit using the bought ones. Then, when I had a baby boy I no longer found very many opportunities to use them on layouts at all. Now I make them for other projects such as journals, decorating, cards, hair clips/bands and on packaging for gifts.

This weeks video is a tutorial on a simple ribbon flower.



Here is what I did with the flowers I made.



And here are some other flowers I made using the same technique. 
You can do the same thing with strips of fabric if you do not 
have the right ribbon for a project.

The teal flower is a strip of satin
with a frayed edge. I like the
way it looks.




1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to try those soon! Looks like fun AND you can really use the colours that you want, instead of being stuck with whatever is in a pre-made package.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!