Total Pageviews

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Under the Sea Bday Party

It started with a submarine invitation that I designed on my Silhouette. 
I love how it turned out.

I was lucky to be able to use the waves from the VBS program that I posted about earlier. 
It really transformed our main floor into the sea!

From there I went to Pinterest to get some ideas :)
The seaweed hanging down turned out better than I expected.
I pinned strips of packing tape to the ceiling and, like fly tape, 
I stuck up each strip of streamer.


This cute little octopus was another Pinterest idea.

 The submarines on the straws I think I made with my Silhouette again.

 I'm not a baker and this was the easy way out for me :) 
The kids love them just as much if not more because of the candies.

Saw this on Pinterest except they found a much lighter blue jello. I was disappointed that you couldn't see the candy fish I wedged into the jello after it hardened.

Another Pinterest idea...put the frozen yogurt in too soon.

The crafts I found on Pinterest and the mom's had more fun then the kids putting them together I think.
Aren't they cute!



 I can't seem to find my inspiration for the submarine sandwiches and fish in blueberries/water.
Ignore the double chin....I'm pregnant remember :)


 After lots of shopping I came up with these party favors.
ocean creature bath toy 
dolphin soap bar
little wash cloth
pack of gold fish crackers
plastic fish toy 
The octopus on top is a covered lollipop with pipe-cleaner legs.
They were fun to make.

A great success and tons of fun for the little group of toddlers that came :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!