Total Pageviews

Thursday 11 September 2014

My Current Favorite Handmade Cards

Perfectly Preserved


Yes it is retired but I have yet to order my current fall favorites from Stampin' Up's 2014 Holiday Catalogue! I was inspired to make this card by one I found on Pinterest by Barb. I love the challenge of finding a beautiful card and recreating it with supplies I already have on hand. 


I have not totally jumped on the watercolor band wagon. Although I do love the look, I feel like I have so many options already and to add a new set of products and supplies is a bit much right now. So I tried a different technique to get the same look using tools I already own!

I wish you could see how glittery the pears are! They just shimmer :) So here is what I did. I inked my pear in Pear Pizzaz and then touched the edges in Old Olive. Then I sprayed directly on the inked stamp with a shimmer mist! After that I just stamped it on the card and voila! I LOVE it! I used my aqua painter to pick up Chocolate Chip ink from the pad and painted on the stems. I made the splatters with an aqua painter too by picking up some ink off the pad and squeezing gently before knocking it above my card front. Hope you like it!

Stampin' Up Supplies:
Whisper White Cardstock
Pear Pizzaz Card Stock
Pear Pizzaz Classic Ink Pad
Old Olive Ink Pad
Chocolate Chip Ink Pad
Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Aqua Painter
Stampin Spritzer
Perfectly Preserved (retired)
Lacy and Lovely (retired)

Mozaic Madness

OK here is my other current favorite.



Now this one I will do a video for because I used something super unexpected!
Are you curious?!? I hope so! Stay tuned :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!